Call for Abstracts
Abstracts for the 38th Annual GOTS Congress can only be submitted digitally.
Abstract deadline extended to 15 December 2022, 23:59:59 CET.
Changes and corrections can be made until the end of the registration period.
Guidelines for submitting an abstract
Abstracts can be submitted and presented in German or English.
Each contribution must be assigned to one of the proposed topics:
- Cycling and Triathlon
- Olympic Martial Arts
- Ethics and Safeguarding in Sports
- Biomechanics in Sports Orthopaedics
- Osteoarthritis and Sports
- Surgical Therapy of Sports Injuries
- Conservative Therapy and Prevention of Sports Injuries
- Free Topics
- The abstract is limited to 3,000 characters (approx. 400 words).
- The title should be short and expressive.
- The structure of the research question, methodology, results and conclusions must be adhered to.
- An abstract may not be submitted more than once under different topics of the congress.
- The list of authors is limited to a total of 8 persons. Presenters are to be named first in each case.
- The abstract is to be formulated in such a way that it can be published (new spelling).
- Special text formatting should be used sparingly. There is no guarantee that all formatting will be displayed correctly in all media.
- Accepted abstracts will be published in the journal “Sports Orthopaedics and Traumatology (SOT)”.
- All listed persons must agree to the content and publication of the abstract as well as the naming in all congress media.
- Poster contributions will also be registered as abstracts for the individual congress topics.
- All applications are assessed anonymously by several reviewers.
- The following are assessed: objective and research question (original, important, clearly defined), material and methodology (adequate study design, prospective/retrospective study), results (complete, trend-setting, statistically validated) and conclusion (critical, well derived, current literature).
- After completion of the evaluation, the first authors will be notified by e-mail whether the paper has been accepted or rejected and will inform all co-authors accordingly.
- If accepted as a paper or poster, the first named will receive discounted congress access. All other persons on the list of authors must register regularly if required.