The abstract submission is now closed.
You can access your abstract via your profil by clicking on “View Abstract”.
Please note that all abstract authors will be notified by mid-February 2023.
Guidelines for submitting an abstract
Abstracts can be submitted and presented in German or English.
Each contribution must be assigned to one of the proposed topics:
- Cycling and Triathlon
- Olympic Martial Arts
- Ethics and Safeguarding in Sports
- Biomechanics in Sports Orthopaedics
- Osteoarthritis and Sports
- Surgical Therapy of Sports Injuries
- Conservative Therapy and Prevention of Sports Injuries
- Free Topics
- The abstract is limited to 3,000 characters (approx. 400 words).
- The title should be short and expressive.
- The structure of the research question, methodology, results and conclusions must be adhered to.
- An abstract may not be submitted more than once under different topics of the congress.
- The list of authors is limited to a total of 8 persons. Presenters are to be named first in each case.
- The abstract is to be formulated in such a way that it can be published (new spelling).
- Special text formatting should be used sparingly. There is no guarantee that all formatting will be displayed correctly in all media.
- Accepted abstracts will be published in the journal “Sports Orthopaedics and Traumatology (SOT)”.
- All listed persons must agree to the content and publication of the abstract as well as the naming in all congress media.
- Poster contributions will also be registered as abstracts for the individual congress topics.
- All applications are assessed anonymously by several reviewers.
- The following are assessed: objective and research question (original, important, clearly defined), material and methodology (adequate study design, prospective/retrospective study), results (complete, trend-setting, statistically validated) and conclusion (critical, well derived, current literature).
- After completion of the evaluation, the first authors will be notified by e-mail whether the paper has been accepted or rejected and will inform all co-authors accordingly.
- If accepted as a paper or poster, the first named will receive discounted congress access. All other persons on the list of authors must register regularly if required.